banner

Monday, March 14, 2011

Hatching Time

I simply can't express how excited I am for these ducklings! We've finally reached lock down, which simply means that you stop turning the eggs and wait for them to hatch. So within the next few days there should be little quacks. Since they're Call ducks, or so we think, we might need to help them hatch due to the fact that they have a short bill. Over the next few days we'll need to check for internal pips, but I personally get the feeling that these aren't actually Call ducks. A few days ago we realized that the ducklings are black and white, which isn't right since Call ducklings should be yellow. But no matter what they are going to be the cutest critters I've seen in a while.

By the way I've managed to finish the fox toy pattern, it isn't perfected yet, but it's a start. Also to prepare you for the hatching cuteness here are some of the chicks we've hatched before.
Here are some wild ducklings

1 comment:

  1. Oooooooh they are so precious! How fun it must be to watch them hatching! I'm adding that to my list of things I hope to witness someday. :)

    ReplyDelete

http://www.etsy.com/people/TailsandSnouts