banner

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Saying Goodbye to the Wild Thing Theory


Over the years of crafting I find that I go through waves of creativity. One month I'll be working solely on knitting or try dyeing everything I could get my hands on. During the early stages of my shop Tails&Snouts I went through a sewing phase. At the time my sister had worked at the local wild life clinic where they received massive amounts of vintage coats. These coats were then used as a mother replacement for the orphaned babies. The wild life clinic is absolutely tiny and had little storage space so they had some extra vintage coats that were given to me. These vintage coats then inspired me to create these cute "monster" plush toys for fun. As usual I went on my creative wave and made large quantities of them. Some days I even managed to make 6 of the plush toys. Since the coats originated for the wild life clinic I've been donating a chunk of the sales to benefit them. Though as my motivation and supply has dwindled I've been making them less and less. As I business I'm trying my best to create a direction for my image, which seems to be turning towards yarns, fiber, and knitting. The Wild Thing Theory has drifted from my business path. They were always a joy to make during my creative moments, but I've found that it's time to let them go. They're goodbye shall help lead me to grow creatively and as a business. If anyone is interested I still have a few left of these one of a kind monster plush toys that would loves some hugs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.etsy.com/people/TailsandSnouts